Mac Fuller, from The American Thinker, gives clear monetary examples connected to Obama and shows how he followed the money in his career....
1) $120,349. Other People's Money--"Senator Obama received more political contribution money from now-collapsed mortgage banks Fannie Mae [Federal National Mortgage Association] and Freddie Mac [Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp] than all but of the 353 other senators and congressmen. Even more dramatic is the fact that 19 years (from 1989 - 2008) of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac political contribution statistics show Senator Obama received his $120,349 despite having been in the U.S. Senate for just three years."
2) $195,000. Other People's Money--- Michelle Obama received a $195,000 raise (to $316,962 in 2005 from $121,910 in 2004); subsequently, in 2006, Senator Obama requested a $1,000,000 earmark for Mrs. Obama's employer, the University of Chicago Hospitals, where she handles "community outreach" "
3) $1,000,000. Other People's Money. ---Michelle Obama received a $195,000 raise (to $316,962 in 2005 from $121,910 in 2004); subsequently, in 2006, Senator Obama requested a $1,000,000 earmark for Mrs. Obama's employer, the University of Chicago Hospitals, where she handles "community outreach" -
4) $250,000. Other People's Money---250,000. Mr. Rezko is a long-time associate of Senator Obama and was his first substantial financial backer. Also, "when Obama bought his $1.65 million South Side home, there was an adjacent landscaped lot, which Rezko's wife purchased on the same day for the full asking price of $625,000." [see #5 below].
5) $625,000. Other People's Money---Senator Obama and his wife, Michelle, purchased a $1.65 million Georgian revival mansion in Chicago, where they now reside. While wealthy Syrian-born Chicago slumlord Tony Rezko was already known to be under federal investigation, the senator approached Mr. Rezko about purchasing the two adjoining properties, then toured the home with Mr. Rezko (now a convicted felon on those charges). Soon after Senator Obama bought the mansion for $300,000 less than the asking price. On the same day, Mr. Rezko's wife purchased the adjoining vacant lot for the full asking price of $625,000.
6) $75,000. Other People's Money---In 2001 the Woods Fund gave a $40,000 financial aid grant to a group with ties to the PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) -- the Arab American Action Network -- which was co-founded by radical Columbia University professor Rashid Khalidi and whose president is conveniently Mr. Khalidi's wife, Mona. In 2002, the Woods Fund gave the Arab American Action Network a second gift of $35,000. Mr. Khalidi and his wife are successful fundraisers for Senator Obama.---see info on Ayers and Obama to this information...
7) $325,000. Other People's Money---As a state senator Obama directed $225,000 of Illinois taxpayers' money, and later as a U.S. Senator earmarked another $100,000 in federal tax money, for programs run by radical political activist and Catholic priest (now removed from his church), Father Michael Pfleger of St. Sabina Roman Catholic Church on Chicago's South Side. Senator Obama identified Father Pfleger, with whom he has been involved for 20 years, as "a key source of spiritual guidance."Senator Obama has said he never saw Wright's views as being "particularly controversial." Rev. Wright connection......Perhaps that is why he secured $325,000 in tax dollars for his radical friend's community (organizing?) events.
8) $15,000,000. Other People's Money (yes, you read that right, $15 million) --- Over the past 15 years Senator Barack Obama's church, Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, Illinois, and its pastor, Senator Obama's "spiritual mentor" Reverend Jeremiah Wright has received $15,000,000 in grant money from the federal government. Senator Obama has been a church member for 20 years.
9) $100,000,000. Other People's Money (and again, yes, you read that right, $100 million)---The Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) was established in 1995 after a $49.2 million grant proposal by Obama friend and unrepentant-terrorist-bomber-now-educator William AyersThe C.A.C.'s own final technical report issued in 2003 repeatedly noted that it was an utter failure.
In order to receive the grant money, an equivalent amount of matching funds had to be raised. $110 million quickly was, $1,000,000 of which was awarded by the Wood's Fund -- the "progressive" non-profit organization of which both Senator Obama and William Ayers were board members. see article
10) $0 , at last,... Obama Dollars --- the senator's half-brother, George Hussein Onyango Obama, lives in dire poverty in a tiny, collapsing, dirt-floored hut on the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya. According to Kenyan-born George Obama (who is pictured outside his hut in the Telegraph U.K. newspaper as well as Vanity Fair magazine (Italian edition) and the Chicago Sun-Times) he exists on approximately $1 a month. Senator Barack Obama met with him in 2006, and had already been a United States Senator for at least a year.
Other people's money is one thing. Obama dollars are something else. There is a lesson here on the man's friends and family, and most importantly, his character